I received this huge box, and it was rather a surprise...I had no clue I was getting a coffee maker...I thought perhaps the K-cups to try out, but not a machine! How impressive was that!
First thing is first....anyone who knows me knows that I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON! Having said this, I rarely have the time to make myself a cup of coffee in the morning before heading out to work, and also, don't always have the time to stop at Tim Horton's with those crazy morning lineups....MY LIFE HAS NOW CHANGED!
The one thing that I absolutely adore about the Keurig 2.0 machine is the ease of using the machine, the quickness in brewing a cup of coffee in my travel mug in the morning, the no mess cleanup and the variety of K-cups that I can chose from to brew a cup of coffee! Whew, that was a whole bunch of pluses!
What's different about this machine than the original Keurig is that you can now brew a pot of coffee, up to 4 cups with the K-Carafe cup. This is great, especially for me when I'm alone and want more than just one cup of coffee. But, and there is a BIG BUT with this machine and the one thing that I'm not a fan about is the following:
* K-Carafe cups are EXPENSIVE....you can purchase 8 for $16.99 and they only brew 32 cups of coffee in total - yikes!
* K-Carafe cups are HARD TO FIND, except on the Keurig.ca site.
* The Carafe that comes with this machine is not insulated. It is made of plastic and therefore the coffee does not remain warm in this carafe. It would have been more ideal if Keurig had included an insulated thermal carafe with this machine
For me, I will not get much use of the Carafe unit that comes with this machine. I prefer to brew a pot of coffee in my Delonghi Coffee maker for a pot, but I love the convenience of brewing a single cup at a time.
Unique Features of this Machine:
* Water reservoir lights up at night
* Touch Screen
* Special program setting for mocha, hot chocolate, lattes
* Strength control for coffee brew
* Brew 4oz, 8oz or 10oz cup of coffee
OVERALL this machine is lovely. I have been enjoying using this machine. For me personally, the pros outweigh the cons with this machine. Would I recommend this machine to my family and friends, my answer is YES!
I hope you found this review helpful.
If you want to see this machine in action, please check out my Youtube Video review: