Sunday 2 March 2014

COFFEE TIME WITH LAVAZZA AND BUZZAGENT!

I'm happy to be a part of the LavAzza campaign with BuzzAgent!  If any of you are not familiar with BuzzAgent, it is a website where you sign up and complete a series of surveys.  From the surveys, they determine if you qualify for certain campaigns.  This is my second thus far and I am happy to participate in the LavAzza Coffee campaign.

The premise of a campaign is that BuzzAgent will forward you the campaign kit filled with it's goodies for free.  You have approximately 2 months to complete activities associated with the campaign.  These activities basically are meant for you to review the products and share your thoughts about them on social media, such as facebook, twitter, blog posts, youtube, etc.

In this campaign, LavAzza and BuzzAgent were super generous.  We received 2 full size coffees, Gran Aroma and Gran Selezione, these are 2 of the newest blends from LavAzza.  They actually have come out with 4 in total.  We received a travel mug, a magnet for our fridge, a game of Italian hand gestures and 7 - $4 coupons to share with family and friends so they too can have these delicious coffees in their lives.


There are 4 Brand New coffee blends from LavAzza....above are images of what they are. 

GRAN AROMA
This is a medium blend roast coffee with a mild flavour that is smooth and doesn't leave any bitter taste. Surprisingly the grinds are fine and do not drip into the coffee when brewed.  It almost reminds me of an espresso ground.  This coffee when I tasted it on it's own was fabulous, but when I did a blind taste beside the Gran Selezione, this was surprisingly not my favourite.  However, my boyfriend did enjoy this blend much more than the Gran Selezione, so it definitely is based on personal preferences.

GRAN SELEZIONE
This is a full bodied, dark roast with chocolate flavour. Well first off, there was no taste of chocolate in my opinion.  I have reviewed other peoples comments and they seemed to taste a hint of chocolate, I guess their palettes are much more heightened than mine, as I didn't taste any.  I definitely enjoyed this blend much more than the Gran Aroma.  It was a richer, more aromatic blend with full body and also left a smooth non bitter taste.  The grinds are also very finely milled, again like an espresso coffee.  Hands down this was the winner for me!

PARENTAL UNITS TASTE TEST
So being that this coffee comes from Italy, who better to try it out and do a blind taste test than the parents who are actually from Italy!  A wonderful Sunday pasta lunch at mom's wouldn't be complete without a cup of espresso afterwards!  However, this Sunday we made an exception, we brewed both LavAzza blends and did a blind taste test side by side.  Images below will let you know who was the winner...HANDS DOWN....3 TO 0!

STARTING THE TASTE TESTING
TOASTING THE TASTE TEST
REVIEWING AND CONTEMPLATING WHICH BLEND IS THE BEST - THIS REQUIRED DEEP CONCENTRATION...LOOK AT MY MOTHERS CONCENTRATION FACE
THE BIG REVEAL - WHICH BLEND IS THE WINNER? HANDS DOWN 3 TO 0
LAVAZZA'S GRAN SELEZIONE!


In true Italian Parent Form they think I'm crazy to do this, but they were fabulous sports in partaking..and were supportive and into this blind taste test.  As a big thank you, I awarded them with the $4 coupon off their next purchase of one of the new LavAzza blends.


In the end, all were happy and it was a great Sunday afternoon activity!

Hope you all enjoyed sharing this coffee moment with me and my family!

Pictures were compliments of my beautiful niece Trinity, who did an amazing job taking the photos of all of us...since she is only 9 years old, she couldn't really partake in the coffee challenge, but she did an amazing job documenting our day!  Thank you Trinity! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment