Saturday 22 March 2014

WET N WILD MEGALAST LIPSTICKS - REVIEW AND SWATCHES

The Wet N Wild MegaLast Lipsticks are one of my ultimate favourite lipsticks.  There are so many reasons why I love these lipsticks. First off, I'm so loving the semi-matte finish is right up my alley.  I love that even though these lipsticks are semi-matte, I find them still creamy and non-drying on the lips.  I know that some people out there are not fans of a matte formula, however, a lipgloss ontop would help those who aren't the biggest fans of this type of finish.

There are 26 colours in this formula.  I am happy to own 14 of them.  I still am on the quest to get all of the shades that are available.  You can purchase these at most drugstores in the USA, and just recently, I have discovered that the Canadian Superstores carry Wet n Wild cosmetics and these lipsticks are available in some of the stores.  I was super happy. They retail for $3.39, at the Canadian Superstore.

I've attached a link to a site where they can be purchased for any of you that may be interested.
www.drugstore.com

This is how Wet N Wild describes these lipsticks:
This 4 hour, longwearing lip colour leaves a semi-matte, cream finish in one stroke.  Glides on easily with rich, velvety colour that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed.  Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.

CON TO THIS PRODUCT
These lipsticks do contain parabens and unfortunately, they are made in China.

So I'm sure you are wanting to see some swatches as how these colours that I own look on the lips.  Below are my shades for you to view.  Enjoy the swatches!

 Above is the packaging of the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipsticks

 901B - THINK PINK
 
 902C - BARE IT ALL
 905D - SMOKIN HOT PINK
 907C - MAUVE OUTTA HERE
 906D - WINE ROOM
 908C - SUGAR PLUM FAIRY
 965 - CHERRY PICKING
 966 - DON'T BLINK PINK
 967 - DOLLHOUSE PINK
 970 - PURTY PERSIMMON
 969 - 24 CARROT GOLD
 914C - MOCHA-LICIOUS
 916D - RAVIN RAISIN 
 918D - CHERRY BOMB

On my recent travels I purchased another Wet n Wild line, the Fergie Lipstick. These are great as well, and are more moisturizing than the MegaLast lipsticks.  They also are very pigmented with medium to full coverage and very creamy.

Packaging of the Fergie Wet n Wild Lipsticks

Wet n Wild Describes these lipsticks as follows:
Perfect Pout Lip Colour
  • Anti-aging technology
  • Vitamins & minerals to keep lips soft and smooth
  • this longwearing formula is specially formulated with anti-aging technology, as well as vitamins and minerals to keep lips soft, smooth and kissable all day
My Opinion:
  • Creamy, pigmented, glides on smoothly on the lips, long lasting, non-scented
  • From what I could see there was no parabens in this formula


 A033 - FERGIE DAILY
A040 - D-VINELY CHILLED

Final thoughts about these lipsticks...GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF SOME! They are an affordable, amazing product. Who knew that these could be as good as a highend product.  MAC watch out, WetnWild will give you a run for your money!

Thank you for reading my little Blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment